|English: Mature Kombucha (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
I have been banging on about how great kombucha tea is for your health but what exactly is in kombucha tea that is so great?
I have listed a small list below (courtesy of Dave) of all the good probiotic stuff such as :
- LACTIC ACID: Found in Kombucha in its most potent form L-lactic(+). Lactic acid is essential for the digestive system.
- ACETIC ACID: Its main function is to inhibit harmful bacteria. Acetic acid is used as a preservative because of this action. It is also what gives Kombucha that ‘kick’ to its smell and taste.
- MALIC ACID: Is also used in the body’s detoxification process.
- OXALIC ACID: Encourages the cellular production of energy and is a natural preservative.
- GLUCONIC ACID: Is effective against many yeast infections such as Candida and thrush.
- BUTYRIC ACID: Is produced by the yeasts and when working with gluconic acid, might help combat yeast infections such as Candida.
- NUCLEIC ACID: Work with the body aiding healthy cell regeneration.
- AMINO ACID: A group of acids which are the building blocks of protein. Your muscular system is made of proteins.
- ENZYMES: Are proteins that act as catalysts, speeding the rate at which biochemical reactions proceed.Kombucha also contains Vitamin Groups B and C, Beneficial Yeasts and LIVING Bacteria (you know like the stuff in yogurt).
The great thing is you can spice up your tea the way you want : add soda water, juice, cloves, ginger and bits of fresh fruit and get all the probiotic goodness in a form that is tasty and enjoyable.
A lot of illnesses and diseases today can be dramatically reduced through nutrition and regular exercise, things that no doctors really talk about. In fact, the approach to Chinese Traditional Medicine is to treat the whole body and not just specific areas, and nutrition plays an important role in treating diseases and maintaining good health.
It pays in the long run to watch what you eat and to make sure your body gets the right type of healthy nutrition. Make no mistake, your kombucha tea plays an important part in maintaining good health and vitality.